20 July 2009

HTC Touch GSM – Windows Mobile 6.5 Reflash Again

From my last post about my new HTC Touch GSM. I have upgraded it again into a new Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional (Build Version 21921.5.0.40). Get the cooked ROM from here.

image image

Here are some pictures while I was doing the upgrade ..

20072009031 20072009034 20072009041

don’t forget to remove the SIM and microSD card.
20072009042 20072009043

and videos after the upgrade..


Update – August 25, 2009

Man, lot of guys keep sending me an email asking how to upgrade. Anyway, I’ll just update this post for you and HERE’S HOW:

Preparation!! – with exclamation marks

  1. Make sure you fully charged your phone!!
  2. Shut it down! – turn it off, in case you didn’t understand.
  3. REMOVE the SIM and MiniSD card!!
  4. Boot it up! – turn it on.

Upgrading

  1. Make sure you have Active Sync installed in your Windows OS. Am using Windows 7, so I got my Windows Mobile Device Center installed here and hey, make sure you connected your HTC Touch
  2. Goto to this thread and look for ELFIN WWE 6504 BLACK LIGHT and download it and so with the attached file ElfinCustomRUU.zip.
    1. Extract ElfinCustomRUU.zip and EW6504BL.rar
    2. Copy EW6504BL.NBH in, where ever you extracted the files from ElfinCustomRUU.zip.
    3. Test run it, by running ElfinCustomRUU.exe
      1. Follow the instructions
    4. "IF" the upgrading STOPS at 3% and telling you this cryptic message:
      ERROR 270 (Update Error - The image file is corrupted):
      1. Go download CID Unlocker, and follow the instructions provided in this thread.
      2. MAKE SURE you done it the same as what the guy said and on the preview!.
      3. If successfull. Do: 2.3.

Please take NOTE!
Elfin Custom Rom might update their ROMS anytime so their download file will change too.

Version Check as of August 26, 2009
ELFIN WWE 6504 M2D

Download File: EM6504BL.RAR

And Another NOTE!
If you got any erros while upgrading your WM, refer here. If you encountered any error message other than “ERROR 270” am sorry, I can not give any information with that anymore.

Please visit http://forum.xda-developers.com for more information.

These steps are proven already and 100% working. Don’t blame me if you BRICKED your phone.


If something went wrong on your Elf/in after reflashing or locked up in "Smart Mobility"

  1. Remove the battery and put it back
  2. Press the Camera Button
  3. Press the Power Button (while still pressing the Camera Button)
  4. Wait for the Bootloader to show up (the 3 colors ..)
  5. Connect the USB connection
  6. and try to reflash again using the procedures I gave about "Upgrading" and try using different cooked ROM!

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jayson,

I'd like to update my WM 6.0 Professional HTC touch P3450 GSM with this one... Please guide me and send me the links to download this updated ROM for the same. I'd be really grateful.
Please reply me on radmin4pk@gmail.com.

Regards,

Masood

Anonymous said...

I'd like to update my WM 6.1 Professional HTC touch P3450 GSM with wm 6.5 Professional... Please guide me and send me the links to download this updated ROM for the same. I m waiting.....My email id is mrunal46@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

how can i update my OS on htc touch gsm(6.0) to latest 6.5
mail to : rpothineni@gmail.com
thx

Anonymous said...

Please send me the link for latest WM 6.5 @ my mail id asifpune@yahoo.co.in

harsha said...

Dear Jayson,
Many thnaks for the links and steps . i did installed mobil 6.5 in my HTC tuch GSM and its working fine. thnaks again for the info..
Harsha

Anonymous said...

Hello Jayson

I'd like to upgrade my HTC Touch Pro 2 with the WM 6.5 could you please send me the links and info mark@msc247.com

Much appreciated and thanks.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jayson,

I'd like to update my WM 6.1 Professional HTC touch P3450 GSM with this one... Please guide me and send me the links to download this updated ROM for the same. Really appreciate it!
Please reply me at aezanemansor@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

hello Jayson,

I have a htc touch gsm with wm 6.0 pro, kindly send me links and instructions for upgrade. thanx please reply on navdeep201@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hey Jayson..

Bro..cool work man..could u please send me the link & instructions for the same..my mail id is mentioned below..

jiju4u@gmail.com

Thanx.

Anonymous said...

Please send me the links to download this updated ROM. Really appreciate it!
Please reply me at zool_washere@yahoo.co.id

Unknown said...

i have a htc touch with windows 6.0 can you please send me the guidelines and link for downloading windows 6.5

I'd be really grateful.
Please reply me on anshul21000@gmail.com

Chakri said...

HI Jayson,

I tried upgrading from 6.0 to 6.5 with the steps given by you. But I am still stuck up. When upgrading is 3% its throwing error.
In Step 2.2 Copy EW5404BL.NBH in, where ever you extracted the files from ElfinCustomRUU.zip.

Is thay EW5404BL.NBH or EW6504BL.NBH
If it is EW5404BL.NBH plz tell me where can I get it,else please help me I am stuck with the 3% prolem although i do CID unlocking.

Regards,
Chakri

Anonymous said...

my windows mobile device center is diconnected before the downloading!!!!! what can I do ????
thanks

Anonymous said...

HI, i want to upgrade my htc touch from 6.1 to 6.5 plzz send me the link to download the os and also steps to install it, my id emraansy@gmail....thnaks.

Anonymous said...

hey buddy

i m using htc touch gsm model no. p3452.

i want to upgrade ma mobile n i thnk it is locked
cn u plz guide me how cn i upgrade ma mobile asap..

thanks

mayank
mayank_sr@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Thank u very much man,
i did exctly what you said and i made the upgrade for my device
everything is ok

khaledhigraph@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

hello,

uprading was working fine. i was really happy. but now on the next morning my touch won't turn on!
there is just a orange ligt flashing.
any idea?

thanks in advance!

Unknown said...

My touch workd for about 20mins aftr upgradin.....now aftr 1/2 hr i dosnt start.when i switch it on the smart mobility screen appears den it again shuts off...pls help

thnxx

Unknown said...

thanks very much i have sucsesfully updated my htc touch p3452 with your help
my mail id :- vikram.560@rediffmail.com or vikramam.1993@gmail.com

Anand said...

Hi Jayson, thanks for the guide. I could flash win mo 6.5 on my elfin!

Unknown said...

Thanks Man you rock........windows is working fine on my htc touch..... :)

Anonymous said...

hi dude,
thanks for the update process actually when i updated my cell phone and later when sim inserted the cell went blank and now its not starting up please do guide me whats next as the screen shows 3colour and nothing is showing later.....please guide me....

Anonymous said...

HI, GREETINGS from El SAlvador.
I just had one question.

How can I make a backup of my phone´s data? for example, I´d like to keep the info about the recorded wi.fi spots. Also, what are the consecuences of flashing the rom?

Thanks
MArio López

Apar Mittal said...

Hi,

Thanks a lot :). It worked like a charm. ow i have WM 6.5 :)

Unknown said...

dude i need help...
i was able to execute all the steps u mentioned..i got the windows startup screen ...then the align your screen window .... but after that i started gettin a error message "device startup failed due to sudden loss of power "

dicky moerdani said...

I'd like to update my WM 6.1 Professional HTC touch P3450 GSM with wm 6.5 Professional... Please guide me and send me the links to download this updated ROM for the same. ASAP.. to dickymoerdani@gmail.com

Thx..

Anonymous said...

Nice blog as for me. It would be great to read a bit more about that matter. The only thing this blog misses is a few pics of such devices as gps blocker.

Anonymous said...

It took some time to understand but at the end it worked.

Nice post, thanks.