From my last post about my new HTC Touch GSM. I have upgraded it again into a new Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional (Build Version 21918.104.22.168). Get the cooked ROM from here.
Here are some pictures while I was doing the upgrade ..
don’t forget to remove the SIM and microSD card.
and videos after the upgrade..
Update – August 25, 2009
Man, lot of guys keep sending me an email asking how to upgrade. Anyway, I’ll just update this post for you and HERE’S HOW:
Preparation!! – with exclamation marks
- Make sure you fully charged your phone!!
- Shut it down! – turn it off, in case you didn’t understand.
- REMOVE the SIM and MiniSD card!!
- Boot it up! – turn it on.
- Make sure you have Active Sync installed in your Windows OS. Am using Windows 7, so I got my Windows Mobile Device Center installed here and hey, make sure you connected your HTC Touch
- Goto to this thread and look for ELFIN WWE 6504 BLACK LIGHT and download it and so with the attached file ElfinCustomRUU.zip.
- Extract ElfinCustomRUU.zip and EW6504BL.rar
- Copy EW6504BL.NBH in, where ever you extracted the files from ElfinCustomRUU.zip.
- Test run it, by running ElfinCustomRUU.exe
- Follow the instructions
- "IF" the upgrading STOPS at 3% and telling you this cryptic message:
ERROR 270 (Update Error - The image file is corrupted):
- Go download CID Unlocker, and follow the instructions provided in this thread.
- MAKE SURE you done it the same as what the guy said and on the preview!.
- If successfull. Do: 2.3.
Please take NOTE!
Elfin Custom Rom might update their ROMS anytime so their download file will change too.
Version Check as of August 26, 2009
ELFIN WWE 6504 M2D
Download File: EM6504BL.RAR
And Another NOTE!
If you got any erros while upgrading your WM, refer here. If you encountered any error message other than “ERROR 270” am sorry, I can not give any information with that anymore.
Please visit http://forum.xda-developers.com for more information.
These steps are proven already and 100% working. Don’t blame me if you BRICKED your phone.
If something went wrong on your Elf/in after reflashing or locked up in "Smart Mobility"
- Remove the battery and put it back
- Press the Camera Button
- Press the Power Button (while still pressing the Camera Button)
- Wait for the Bootloader to show up (the 3 colors ..)
- Connect the USB connection
- and try to reflash again using the procedures I gave about "Upgrading" and try using different cooked ROM!